Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Goals!

I made it through all the basic levels of NROL and decided I needed to change things up again. I felt my lower body wasn't getting what it needed and I couldn't find exercises in NROL that really inspired me. 

I had heard about the book Strong Curves and after reading some reviews, I decided to pick it up. 

I am going to be honest here, but I didn't read it cover to cover. I read a few of the first chapters and then got right into the routines. I always like to start with the beginner routines, and with this book it was necessary. Some of the exercises, like hip-thrusts, I have never done before and wanted to perfect the form before I began to add weight. 

I have been working through the first few weeks and about to progress to the next stage of the beginner program. Most of the exercises here only use body weight, and I was feeling that I should add more weight and perhaps move on to the next stage. I went to check out the advanced program and was met with a list of things you should be able to do before you begin the advanced program. 

1. 50 non-stop body weight hip thrusts
2. 1 body weight chin-up from a dead hang
3. 5 body weight full-range push-ups
4. 20 nonstop body weight Bulgarian split squats
5. 30 nonstop body weight back extensions
6. 10 dead lifts with 135 lbs. 

Well darn, I guess I won't be doing the advanced program just yet! Most of these aren't too difficult to achieve, but I really need to work on that chin-up! 


I will check off the list as I get it done and then move on to the advanced program! Here's hoping I can do this within a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment