Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ups and downs

Ok, so it has been awhile, but life has gotten in the way the last little while.

Things with Derby have been going really well, but things with lifting not so much.

Sooooo much has been going on with Derby.

We switched our practice venue to our home arena, and were able to practice on an actual track. It's much better and really helped me be able to visualize the game.

We had to take our benchmarks. I was nervous about it, but I passed with now problems. I really don't know why I was nervous!

Next an opportunity came to play in a rookie bout. It was a lot sooner than I had anticipated, but it was a ton of fun. I wasn't nervous for the bout until I stepped on the track... I am not usually one to try to stand out, so having all those people looking at me was not my cup of tea. Once the bout started I managed to forget about the crowd and just play.

I think I shocked a lot of my team mates because I am usually quiet and reserved, but those who have played any sort of sport with me will know that I definitely have a game face and can be quite competitive. I definitely have a alter ego while playing. :)



On to lifting, why is it that so often when something goes well, other things seem to suffer. For me that seems to be the case with lifting.

The change in venues for Derby also meant a change in days, and a change in my lifting schedule. This does not have a direct effect on my ability to complete the workouts, but other things seemed to get in the way when they wouldn't have before.

I think since I started Basic III I have averaged one NROL workout a week, and I have a variety of reasons why this is the case. I have done other workouts, but I really miss the NROL ones.

I really need to focus on getting in at least 2, and hopefully 3. I may switch back to my Mon, Wed, Fri schedule as it seems to be the easiest for me to complete. If Derby practice is especially intense then I may leave out the Wednesday workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment