Sunday, January 12, 2014

Android 4.3 and FitBit Failure

Bit of a tech disaster this weekend. I had originally intended this blog to go over week one of the NTC program and the new running part of the app, but then Android 4.3 happened to my tablet.

Using technology is great, when it is all working, but as soon it goes wrong it just makes life more difficult.

So, Saturday evening my tablet says it has an upgrade. Yes, please I say... I should have thought about this more, but lesson learned I guess.

So update downloads and tablet restarts. There are no noticeable changes. Until I open my Fit Bit app.
Somehow my device that was compatible with the FitBit App on Android 4.2.2 is no longer compatible with Android 4.3. WTF!

So I can no longer sync my FitBit on my tablet. This is very annoying because: 1) it worked before and 2) I rely on my tablet more to sync than my PC because I am rarely on my PC during the week and... 

3) IT WORKED BEFORE!

Yesterday I did some research and tried all the troubleshooting steps. Last step is to restart tablet. Fine, I have everything backed up so it’s not a huge deal to reset. So away I go.
No luck. So, stuck on Android 4.3 until I can figure out a way to revert and until then I can only sync my FitBit on my PC. Grumble grumble grumble.

In addition to this, I lost my NTC program because the web and the app are still not fully integrated. I have to restart the program... again! (The subject of the original blog was why I restarted the first time)

I really don’t feel like doing Week 1 for a third time, so now I am at a bit of a loss of what to do for workouts this week. I will probably resume my 4 day upper/lower split  on JEFIT and come back NTC later.

*** apparently this has happend to a lot of people so be careful if you use a Fitbit on an Android device.  




No comments:

Post a Comment