Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

There is so much that I want to write about it will be hard to keep this short!

First of all... HOT POT! Yes I know I am a bit obsessed, but seriously I LOVE IT!  




Second, Nike Training Club update!
I had noticed on their website that there were a few monthly programs available to follow and decided they would be great to try for January. So I got some screenshots for the blog, did the first workout, then I went back to check what the next day would bring... and nothing! PAGE NOT FOUND! What!?!?!?!

Later that evening I tried again, and it worked! And it was different! OMG! UPDATE! Instantly updated my app and spent the rest of the evening looking over the new content.

The app was definitely in need of an update (it had been at least a year since the last one) and the changes appear to be just what was needed. All of the issues I mention in my initial review have been addressed and even more improvements made. The changes are so significant that I will have to go back and do another review once I have used the new content.

So what did they do?(From Google Play)
• Brand new 30-day programs tailored to your goals and ability
• Now only 15MB download size, with individually downloadable workouts, saving you 500+MB.
• The option to track your program runs with Nike+ Running
• New customization options to create the right workout for your body
• A premium new design that’s faster and easier to use.

In addition to this, they revamped the old workouts changing some of the exercises in them and adding new ones. They also changed Get Lean from Cardio focus to body weight. The workouts are the same, but the change in description makes it clear what to expect from the workouts.

I am really looking forward to the ability to customize because there were definitely some workouts I avoided because of certain exercises (frogger to shoulder press I’m looking at you!)

I forgot to mention the app now syncs with your account so you workouts are tracked online and you won’t lose them when you have to reload the app. In fact, when I looked at my workout history they had tracked all the workouts I had done since I started the app. I have almost 2500 workout minutes logged (crazy!).

So what now? Well like I said, I will have to do another review, so I am going to run a 30 day program in January and by that time I should be in a better position to review the new content.



Last but not least, 2014 goals.
  1.  Maintenance. I need to buckle down after the holidays and really focus on maintaining. My diet hasn’t been great over the holidays and if it continues this way I will start to gain.
  2. Salt. I really want to focus on getting my salt intake down. It has been the hardest area to control and I really want to stay under 2500 mg a day. 
  3. Running. I am happy doing 5 km runs, but I want to do more of them. Specifically, Zombie run and Colour Me Rad.
  4. Strength. I want to take advantage of the gym at work because I will be able to make gains that I couldn't do at home. 
  5. Apps. I really want to find a good Spin Bike app as well as a Pilates one. These two seem to be hard to come by so the search is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment