Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Blizzard, Bluetooth and finally at goal?!?!?!

The weather yesterday had me feeling like I suddenly landed in the middle of the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I half expected Yukon Cornelius to bang on my door with the Bumble!

It was the worst storm that we have experienced since moving to the Calgary are over 2 years ago. I guess mother nature was being nice to us and giving us two relatively easy winters. I have a feeling that her grace period is over. :( I guess this means I won't be running outside again any time soon.

I had spent the last week breaking in my new shoes outside. I ended up with blisters (should have worn socks but I wanted the full barefoot experience) and sore calves, but other than that they feel great. I seem to be able to run faster without having my heart rate go through the roof.

I also switched to a 3 day full body routine last week in order to get more running in; however, I switched back this week because I felt the routine needed way too much tweaking. Until I revise it I am back to my upper/lower split.

A couple of other big things happened this week.

First of all, a year after we were first told we would be moving offices, we finally did. Yippee!

Why is this exciting? Well mainly because I now have access to a free gym. It is not fully stocked (it has no cardio equipment) but it has a cross-fit cage, barbell w/ bench and more dumbbell weights than I have at home. So now I can continue to progress without having to buy new weights. I had hoped to try and use the gym this week, but with the weather being so terrible I don't want to stay at the office longer than I have to. I would like to get home before it gets dark!

I also purchased Bluetooth headphones for working out so I can still run my app off my tablet. I haven't given the headphones a full test during a workout, but I did use them with my Pocket Yoga app and it seemed to work really well.

When I bought them, the guy at the store was completely clueless about why I would need Bluetooth headphones. When I told him I used my tablet to work out. He had visions of me trying to hold the tablet while running, and even did a goofy dance in order to demonstrate. Lol! I wish I wasn't the only one around to see this!

The second thing, is that I hit my 60 lbs loss goal.... well sort of. I was under my goal one day, and suddenly up 5 lbs the next. It must we water weight, but it still hasn't completely come off a week later. I am starting to feel like being under was just the scale messing with my head. arghhh.

I really need to take photos and measurements again. The more I write about it the more I will do it... right?










No comments:

Post a Comment