Saturday, September 13, 2014

Own your success!



I read an article once about a successful business women who would always down play her success when she would meet up with her oldest friends. Her fear was that celebrating her success would sound like bragging because her friends had more modest lifestyles.

The point of the story was that holding back in this way is not the best policy either. It is not giving your hard work the credit that it is due.

I am definitely guilty of downplaying my successes, especially when it comes to my weight loss. I didn't tell many people that I was trying to lose, and I get kind of uncomfortable talking about it and usually make it a very short conversation. I used MyFitnessPals to talk about these successes, but rarely shared them with the world outside.

But I am not doing myself and my hard work by doing this. I should own my success and talk about it, because I did work very hard to get here. My success can serve as motivation to other people, but not if I don't talk about it.

This is one of my personal goals: be more open about what I have achieved and don't down play my hard work.



Success is not easy and is certainly not for the lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment