Thursday, October 9, 2014

Let Go.

One of the hardest parts about maintaining weight vs losing weight is the constant balancing act.

I have stayed between 145 and 150 lbs for almost a year so I guess that means I have been successful at maintaining, but it has wreaked havoc on my mental state.
When I was losing weight, it was easy. I had one goal, one direction to go. But now I’m in the middle not wanting to go up or down. I feel like I am constantly fighting between not eating enough and eating too much.  Not working out enough or working out too much.

I tried to stop logging my food and exercise in June and that lasted about a week maybe a bit more before I couldn't stand not knowing. Between June and October my logging got progressively more focused and more intense. I was analyzing everything I put in my mouth and the numbers were driving me crazy.

So two weeks ago, I put it all down. My FitBit, my heart rate monitor, and MyFitnessPal (although I do check in daily to see how all my amazing friends on there are, but I have not logged anything).


I stopped thinking about the calorie count, and just kept doing what I was doing. And guess what… my weight hasn't changed. And my mental state is 100 times better. 

My second year of maintenance will not be as much of a balancing act as my first!

No comments:

Post a Comment