Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Another round of Week Ones.

Here I go again, another round of week 1s. Hopefully this will be the last for awhile as both these new things are more long-term.

This week I started New Rules of Lifting: Supercharged and last week I joined Roller Derby.

Both were scary and awesome at the same time.

New things are always scary, but if we never try them then we will never improve ourselves. Right?

I have only attended 3 roller derby practices, but so far they have been awesome. It was a little daunting being on roller skates for the first time since I was very young, but everyone is very helpful and I can't wait to learn more. 

The first practice was all about learning different stops and agility moves and half of the practice was spent throwing ourselves on the floor...awesome! The next practice was more focused on skating. We ended the practice by doing 30 laps of pushing and then pulling another person. I definitely worked my butt off in that one! 

Yesterday was plank day during the dry land session, so between that and Supercharged I will become a plank master!

Supercharged is the first time I have done a formal lifting program and I have to do new exercises and  use new equipment....ack!

The workouts don’t look like much on paper, but I definitely had to work hard. The really nice thing about this workout is that I can do it both at work or at home, hopefully I can make the other levels fit the same way.

Like the book recommends, I started at Basic I and used the sample given.




I had to swap out the standing cable rows for 2 point rows because I don’t have access to a cable machine with adjustable height, but otherwise the workouts are the same.

I added the workouts to JEFIT in order to track progress; however, since most of the exercises were not in the database, I was able to really test out the custom exercise feature of the site. There were a few growing pains, but I think I have worked them all out now and expect smooth sailing for the rest of Basic I. 

You can also do intervals following the woworkouts which I did on day 2 and 3. 


No comments:

Post a Comment